Saturday, October 20, 2012

Infinity Yu Jing Hac Tao

Hello.

Well, it's time to post about further adventures in miniature painting and collecting. This will be about one of the recent minis that I've painted. She is the Hac Tao of the Yu Jing faction of Infinity the Game. She is one of my favorite miniatures in the Yu Jing faction and I had a lot of fun painting her.

It look me about 10 hours over 15 days to complete her. I basically started with the Studio color scheme and went from there. You will notice in the WIP photos I change it up a little, like the cable suit under the armor. I think the blue is a better contrast to the orange.

Here are some of the main colors that I used. As always, I paint with Vallejo Model Color.

Black Armor:
Base: Black
Highlight 1: Basalt Grey
Highlight 2: Ivory
Shadow: Black

Green Missile Launcher:
Base: Military Green
Highlight 1: Luffwaffe Camo Green
Highlight 2: Golden Olive
Shadow: German Camo Extra Dark Green

Blue Cable Suit:
Base: Prussian Blue 
Highlight 1: Blue Green 
Highlight 2: White 
Shadow: Dark Prussian Blue 

Orange Details 
Base: Cavalry brown + Orange brown 
Highlight 1: Orange brown
Highlight 2: Sunny skin tone 
Highlight 3: White 
Shadow: Hall Red + Cavalry Brown

As before, I used a Dragon Forge Resin Base, this time from their line of Urban Rubble. I wanted to get the feeling of an urban battle field. I also used Secret Weapon Weathering Pigments to get the dried mud effect.  

So here are some WIP photos and the Finished Mini 

I hope you like.




WIP 1



WIP 2

















And as always thanks for looking.

If you like what you see and are interested in a commission or if you have any questions about paint, techniques, or anything else regarding the Infinity Range, please leave a comment below or email at 



Thanks as always,

Cullen 

P.S.  I'm in the process of getting some Tutorials up in the not too distant future. If you have any suggestions please let me know. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment