Saturday, May 4, 2013

Infinity PanOceania Orc Trooper

Hello everyone,

Well, finally got a chance to blog about my adventures in miniature painting. I apologize that it took so long to post. Life kind of got in the way. With a new baby and a new job it kind of has been eating away at my hobby time. With that, my blog might be a little slower on updates. But I'm still painting and have some more Infinity posts in the pipe line.

I have gotten some questions about tutorials over the past couple of months and I'm working on them. It's kind of hard explaining the whole process in word or video but I have a few plans. If you have any suggestion please feel free to let me know.

With that, here is an Orc Trooper from the PanOceania faction. This mini is one of the earlier minis in the Infinity range. I personally think that it's one that set the standard for many years. It is well sculpted and nicely cast. The one gripe I did have is that the scale is a little off. It seemed to be slightly bigger then most Infinity minis.

It look me about 20 hours over 20 days to complete. I seem to be getting a little slower in my painting. With this mini I made up what colors were used where and I think it came out pretty good in the end. I also added some other embellishments as well. Like the the number 5 under the Orc Insignia to personalize it a little.

With all of my minis I use Vallejo Model Color.

Here are some of the colors that I used for the Orc Trooper:

Grey Blue:
Base: Prussian Blue + Field Blue + Hall Red                         Shadow: Prussian Blue + Dark Blue Grey
Highlight 1: Field Blue
Highlight 2: Dark Sand
Highlight 3: White

Light Grey: 
Base: Londen Grey
Highlight 1: White
Shadow: Basalt Grey+ Black

For the base I used DragonForge again. It is from the concrete line. With some Mig Weather Pigment to add a little dust. I tried the salt weather technique on the yellow paint but it didn't work the way I wanted it to. Better luck next time I guess.

All in all it was fun to paint and I recommend this mini a lot.

Here are the WIP pics and the finished piece,

I hope you like,




























and thanks for looking.

If you like what you see and are interested in a commission, or if you have any questions about paint, techniques, or anything else regarding the Infinity Range, please leave a comment below or email at 


Thanks and happy painting,

Cullen


3 comments:

  1. wonderful work, and blog full of inspiration, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, your painting is getting better and better! Quick question, what's your general technique for painting your minis? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My main technique is painting thin layers and working up to my highlights or shadows from the base coat.

      Delete